At Ta’ Mena Estate we are producing typical Gozitan foods. We are using traditional recipes which were used by our fore-fathers who did not have refrigerators and freezers but still had to provide for the winter season. Their small secret was the use of the unique Mediterranean Sun and natural preservatives, particularly marine salt, to preserve several foods and beverages namely the Kunserva Helwa (Sweet Tomato Paste), the Sun Dried Tomatoes, Wild Capers in Vinegar and the Prickly Pear Liqueur.
Our guests are invited to involve themselves in fruit and vegetable picking (depending on the season) and experience the preparation of these traditional food products which include:
- Kunserva Helwa (Sweet tomato paste matured in the sun)
- Kunserva Mielha (Salty Tomato Paste)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olives in Brine
- Gozo fresh, peppered and white cheese-lets
- Pickled Onions
- Pure Gozo Honey
- Carob, borage, lemon and chamomile syrup
- Various Fruit Jams (pomegranate, prickly pear, fig, orange, melon, apple, strawberry, plum)
- Seville Orange Marmalade
- Candied Peel
- Several Liqueurs including Limoncello, Prickly Pear, Pomegranate, Orange, Carob, etc.
- Various Fruit Dessert Wines (Pomegranate, Prickly Pear, Strawberry, Fig, Orange and Lemon)
- Capers in Vinegar
- Traditional Sweets and Biscuits
Our products are available from our shop at: Ta’ Mena Estate, on the main road from Victoria to Marsalforn, Gozo, and from: Ta’ Mena Agri, in Triq il-Pitkali, Attard Malta corner with Triq il-Gibjun.